Fika is a Swedish word, meaning ‘to have coffee’. The classic clean lines of this mid-sized tote give a nod to my Scandinavian heritage. The Fika Tote has plenty of features you’ll love, like front pockets, a back lapped zipper pocket, recessed zipper closure and padded pockets. Take this tote on your next visit with friends!
- Two front pockets for things you need to keep close at hand
- Back lapped zippered pocket
- Optional recessed zipper (it’s optional, but I know you’ll love it!)
- Makes a great work or student bag, padded interior pockets can accommodate most laptop sizes.Approx. Finished Dimensions: 17” wide, 15” tall, 5” deep
- 1 yard Exterior Fabric
- 1/2 yard Accent Fabric
- 2 yards Lining Fabric (includes interior pockets)
- 3 yards Fusible Woven Interfacing (Legacy SF101 – 20”-wide)
- 3/4 yard Foam Stabiliser (byAnnie’s Soft & Stable (58”-wide) or 2 yards Legacy Foam Flex (20”-wide) or 1 yard Legacy 987f fusible fleece (44”-wide)
- (1) 18”-20” zipper (closed-ended or separating) for recessed zip closure
- (1) 30” handbag (head-to-head or single pull) zipper for back exterior pocket (will be shortened)
- Recommended Fabrics: Lightweight canvas (7-9 oz. weight) or medium weight quilting cotton for exterior fabric. Quilting cotton for Lining and Accent fabric.
- Additional supplies + tools: Polyester thread, water-soluble pen/tailor’s chalk, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, glue pen , size 14 or 16 denim or Microtex needle, turning tool, pinking shears
You may also like: